[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 To:  bma at tynian dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Apple Airport and m0n0wall 1.2b5+
 Date:  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:52:39 +0200
Hello,

> This is a followup query to:
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?
> action=show_msg&actionargs[]=144&actionargs[]=57
>
> Has anyone got an apple airport client to associate with WEP to
> m0n0wall
> 1.2b5 and up?  It gives me a generic "problem joining the wireless
> network Blah" error when I tried to associate in MacOSX.  1.11 and
> 1.2b3
> work fine, so it looks like it's a change that was introduced with the
> FreeBSD 5.3 upgrade.  Nothing shows up in the logs on either side
> that's
> useful.

I've got similar problems with 1.2b7 and an atheros card. I can run it
on non extreme airport card, but... it seems that my Airport Express
don't register theirselves
on the AP made by m0n0wall.

I can ping then, but rendez-vous seems to be broken... Very strange
thing indeed because
if a ping can pass, I don't have any explainations why multicast should
pass on a complete
network using 11b or 11g...

/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/