[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Clay James" <claynjessijames at comcast dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SMC 9432tx not supported??
 Date:  Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:14:02 -0600
Hi.  My question, is the SMC 9432tx not supported in m0n0wall??
I have searched through the faq as well as the mail listings and I have
not found anything about this card.  I did find it in the list of
freebsd supported hardware.  Is there a driver that I need to get to use
the SMC cards that I have??
	My situation:  a friend of mine talked me into building my
monowall box, I have a cable modem and a switch and several computers on
a home network.  I was going to buy an off the shelf router when my
friend told me about monowall.  We decided to build one using a generic
pc since I had a few "extras".  We initially set it up with 2 SMC 9432tx
nics but they weren't recognized.  We ended up using two realtek RTL
8139 nics.  The rest of it is a Pentium 200 with 128 meg of ram.
	Another thing that we learned, when disconnecting a cable modem
from one computer and reconnecting it to another it is best to turn it
off (unplug it) then connect it to the next pc.  Maybe it is only the
cable modem that we are using but it was one of those head scratchers
that we had with monowall at 11:30pm when the modem wouldn't connect to
monowall.  We also have to power the modem (and sometimes monowall) once
a week because the modem gets a new ip address and usually monowall
won't reconnect.  Any thoughts on that??

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Clay James