[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, "sai" <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] Limit of VPN Clients
 Date:  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:16:35 +0200
Is that C3 a Nehemia-Core? If so this one has the Padlock-Feature which means that it does a
kickass-performance on ipsec: http://www.via.com.tw/en/initiatives/padlock/hardware.jsp (look at the
bottom of the page for the comparison on encryption between C3 and P4 ;-)
I don't know if m0n0 supports padlock though, maybe someone who knows the m0n0 more "inside" can
tell you.

You can optimize IPSEC-Performance by using a faster encryption-method too. I have two C3 Nehemia at
home and might do some testing this evening to tell you what the throughput is with a freebsd 5.4RC
platform that does use padlock.

Don't forget, that the other end of the tunnel has to do encryption too, so it is not only an issue
of the encryption speed of the mainlocation.

Regards,
Holger Bauer