[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Limit of VPN Clients
 Date:  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:32:57 +0500
No, its not Nehemia, but I really want to get my hands on one of
those. Any one know of a SBC manufacturer that does C3-Nehemia cpus
with 3 or more LANs?

sai

On 4/27/05, Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de> wrote:
> Is that C3 a Nehemia-Core? If so this one has the Padlock-Feature which means that it does a
kickass-performance on ipsec: http://www.via.com.tw/en/initiatives/padlock/hardware.jsp (look at the
bottom of the page for the comparison on encryption between C3 and P4 ;-)
> I don't know if m0n0 supports padlock though, maybe someone who knows the m0n0 more "inside" can
tell you.

> You can optimize IPSEC-Performance by using a faster encryption-method too. I have two C3 Nehemia
at home and might do some testing this evening to tell you what the throughput is with a freebsd
5.4RC platform that does use padlock.

> Don't forget, that the other end of the tunnel has to do encryption too, so it is not only an
issue of the encryption speed of the mainlocation.