[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Building to Building project
 Date:  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:58:45 -0400
Hey guys,
I've got a project that I am needing to get an estimate worked up for and am
hopeing to get a little feedback on the plan. A non-profit client has two 3
story buildings about 200ft apart that need to be connected via wireless.
They are looking to buy 17 new computers as well that will be spread out in
the buildings. I've watched Socal Wireless setups quite a bit and I am
thinking of putting two m0n0walls up for the building connections using the
Socal plans. I have not had a chance to survey the buildings yet to know if
the two main AP's would be able to connect to all the computers so I may
need additional AP's on each floor. The project is in Kentucky and I am in
Michigan, lol. I'm planning a move to there soon and my future partner is
there and he can do the survey for me. I hope to be able to pull this off
without running very much Cat5, we would get computers with wifi NIC's
installed. All computers would need to communicate with each other on the
same subnet or via VPN between buildings. We would like it to be as secure
as possible and not open to public use. There will be one DSL connection
coming into one side to feed the network. We hope to be able to get an
estimate to them sometime next week. I know this is not a list item and any
help would be appreciated off-list. I would document the entire setup and
make it available to the list once complete, I think it could be a great
tutorial for everyone! A reasonable reward could be made to a helpful soul
that assists us in getting this completed.

Any takers?

Dave