[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DWL-G520, anyone else have one to tinker with?
 Date:  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:25:56 -0400
On 4/27/05, Wade R Carpenter <wade at webfootcustomcalls dot com> wrote:
> I talked with Dlink, it is supposed to have an Atheros chip, so I would
> think that it should work....

Yes it should, if you're using 1.2b7.

> anyone else have on of the cards around that they are using or that they
> could tinker with and see if they get the same result on different
> hardware base?  Im using an older system, a Celeron 600ish.. though its
> in an older case with a toggle on off switch

that's AT

> rather than the soft off of
> most PII and newer cases Ive seen.

and that's ATX.

> Though Im guessing they just built
> up the machine in a old case.

Probably, though I don't believe I've ever seen an ATX power supply
that'll switch on and off like an AT, and I've never seen an AT
motherboard newer than a Pentium.

Anyway...  I'd try setting plug and play OS to No in the BIOS and see
if that helps any.  Also seeing if it's detected with no other cards
in the system might be helpful.  Disabling anything in the BIOS that
you don't need might help as well.  A BIOS upgrade is another
possibility.

-Chris