[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with PPTP -> Can't auth from outside
 Date:  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:14:03 -0400
On 4/27/05, Max Khitrov <maximkh at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> Now I'm sitting here at work and trying to connect. It goes through
> everything fine, but when the client gets to the verification of
> username and password it sits there for a while and then just timesout.
> Since I tried this on Monday as well (with the same results) I figured
> that it might have been the m0n0wall or my software firewall blocking
> something, but when I checked the logs that evening I couldn't find
> anything to indicate this.

Sounds like a classic example of a firewall or NAT box breaking PPTP.
I'd try with a public IP directly on the system, like use a dial up
account or something if you have to.  If that works, fix the firewall
at work.  Most every firewall/NAT box can be configured so it will
pass through PPTP without destroying it.

-Chris