[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "NewMedia42" <newmedia42 at excite dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  adrianeli at gmail dot com
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem with multiple SIP devices behind Mono
 Date:  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:07:08 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, your problem does sound almost exactly the same - although I am really surprised in a DMZ
situation you would have problems (assuming you have an IP for each phone).  I was guessing that it
might have something to do with the NAT UDP port mapping - for instance, if 5 devices all request
inbound UDP port 5060, then the NAT needs to dynamically pick different external ones so no
conflicts arise.  In my extensive testing the other day of different consumer routers, the only ones
that seemed to work with any regularity were the special 'gamer' models, and since many online games
rely on UDP, that might be why they function correctly.