[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem with multiple SIP devices behind Mono
 Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:45:15 +0100
> Hello,<br>I had a similar problem with only two or three SIP
> devices:<br><br>http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&
> actionargs[]=155&actionargs[]=26<br><br>At this moment I use
> only two of them only on the LAN, as the DMZ

I know this isn't really a solution to the root problem, but have you
considered running a local Asterisk server on your LAN, connecting your SIP
phones to it, then using IAX or SIP from Asterisk (i.e. one IP) for external
call routes? That would mean you don't need an IP for each SIP phone, and if
your provider can accept IAX trunks, you'll make a pretty substantial
bandwidth saving.

Regards,

Chris