[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rui Correia <rds underscore correia at mailshack dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: What's the minimum soekris specs to run 1.2b7?
 Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:50:16 +0000 (UTC)
Brett Krueger <sigterm <at> rootednetworks.com> writes:

> Rui,
> 	Im running a net4520 at 100mhz and 64mb memory.  my system runs 1.2b7
> pretty well honestly.
>
> cpu is normally at about 5-7% depending on if there is an incoming pptp
> connection or ipsec tunnel being established.
>
> memory runs at 51% consistently.
>
> I would definetely try to reinstall.  Something doesnt sound right with
> what you got.  I've installed quite a few 4521's with 1.2b7 now, my
> office, home, buddy's house. All work well so far *Shrug*.
> g'luck once again, hope you can get to the bottom of it.
>
> PS: there is a bios upgrade from soekris for the net4521. Definetely
> install it.
>
> -brett

Hi Brett :)

Just to tell you that I factory defaulted my net4521, upgraded
it back to 1.2b7 and reconfigured it again from scratch.
In the middle of the process I also decided to replace the LAN
cable from net4521 to the Cable Modem.
Don't ask me which of the above to blame but my box is currently
running 1.2b7 with a minimum router/firewall config without a
single problem.
The CPU is running at <10% and the memory usage is ~44%.
I decided to replace the cable because I read on the Soekris
website that there are some problems with small length LAN cables.
Now I have a 2m cable and everything is working fine.
This weekend I'll try to find sometime to get me a null modem
cable and see if I can upgrade the net4521 BIOS.
Anyway thank you so much for your help.
Happy m0n0walling :)

Cheers