[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rui Correia <rds underscore correia at mailshack dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FW Rules/WAN address issue on 1.2b7
 Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:12:56 +0000 (UTC)
Hi there,

I'm running 1.2b7 generic pc image on a PII 450Mhz that we
have at the office.
Since I need to access it's configuration remotly I added a
Wan interface firewall rule like:
TCP - * - * - WAN address - 443(HTTPS)
Please note that I chose 'WAN address' from the destination
combo-box.
When I look at the webGUI FW rules I can see the rule properly
configured with a destination of 'WAN address'.
Unfortunately the rule is not working for I can't access the
webGUI from outside the office.
So I tried to edit the rule and I saw that the destination
combo-box is empty!
I chose WAN address again and applied the changes.
But then I edited the rule again (after checking that it is
still not working) and I saw an empty field again...
This is only happening with our m0n0 running on a PC.
I have a net4521 running 1.2b7 at home and I setup a similar
rule but this one works and when I edit the rule I can see
the 'WAN address' on the destination field ;-).
Could this be a bug or a config problem?
I could post the XML file but I'm not sure if I should.
I'll post it if you guys need it for debug.
TIA

Cheers