[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 To:  gary <gary at kryptic dash x dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Syslogd Help
 Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:18:45 +0200
> I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick rundown of how to setup
> syslogd to log from m0n0 to a computer on my network. I have a freebsd
> box
> running 4.11 and just want the logs to go to that box.  I've googled
> and
> looked at the man page but can't figure out how to set it up correct. I
> opened port 514 like it says but am not sure after that. So I figured I
> would ask here.

a man syslogd will show you :

syslogd -a ip.ne.wo.ork/subnet

to allow syslogd to receive packets...

for example with basic pfsense configuration :

syslogd -a 192.168.1.1/32 will add 192.168.1.1 to allow acces to
syslogd.

Hint : add syslogd_flasg="-a ...." in your /etc/rc.conf.

/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/