[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Shelby Westman <shelby dot westman at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  trouble with PPTP VPN
 Date:  Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:32:12 -0500
I'm using m0n0wall pb26r614.  I know, I know, its old.  But it is
running on a production network, and I would have to go offline awhile
to change it out, and it has been working _flawlessly_ for months and
months.  The network consists of three interfaces - WAN, DMZ, and LAN.

LAN is defined with an IP address of 192.168.0.2/24

Anyway, I decided to experiment with PPTP VPN with a remote OS X box,
following the directions in the manual.

In the PPTP setup...
I have my server address set at: 192.168.0.79
Remote address range: 192.168.0.80/28

I have a PPTP user setup.

AND - I have a rule - The rule is:
Interface: PPTP
Protocol: any
Source Type: PPTP clients
Destination: any

From my remote OS X box, I can log in to the server and am
authenticated.  OS X tells me I am using VPN, that my IP is
192.168.0.80, and that the default gateway for this VPN is
192.168.0.79.  However, I can't do anything.  Nothing at all.  From
the remote OS X box, I can't ping anywhere, ssh anywhere, use the
browser to reach anywhere.

Any idea why?  Do I need to reboot the server?  (I haven't rebooted in
six months...)  I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Shelby