 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WLAN as WAN - is it possible?
 Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:22:48 +0200
Hi!

Will it be possible to setup a m0n0wall with a wireless card as the WAN
connection, or do I need an external wireless client to do that?

What I want to do it the following:

Setup a central monowall connected to my WAN connection, and having a
captive portal on a number of expernal accesspoints, connected to the
same segment OPTx interface. The WLAN segment would either be blocked
from making connections to the outside world, or use a captive portal if
it can be compined with an unrestricted access to VPN via WLAN

On some external locations I want to place another m0n0wall, that has to
connect to the central m0n0wall via VPN over WLAN. Would that be
possible to do whithout an external wireless client?

Any other ideas on how to solve such a setup?