[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  "Christian Oswald" <coswald at dls dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Rackmount, 4 NICS
 Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:39:25 -1000
I'm actually meeting with Acrosser (and several other, similar vendors)
next week at N+I.

The boxes we have coming up next are Via Eden based

On-board boot-able CF socket
Can also mount a 2.5" HDD (also boot-able)
VIA Eden ESP 1GHz CPU
One DDR DIMM socket (184-pin); up to 1 GB
Four 10/100Mbps Ethernet ports, each with an independent Realtek
RTL8139C+ chipset
2 USB 2.0 ports
PCI and Mini PCI sockets
RTC with LiIon battery

Serial(RS-232) on DB-9
Software reset Button

Desktop unit is 12VDC powered (includes a brick P/S)
Rackmount has a internal 180W open frame P/S  (110VAC @ 60Hz to 230VAC
@ 50Hz)

pics:

  http://www.netgate.com/~jim/Netgate/m1n1wall/max/

I can probably get to the "ambx" price on the rackmount unit.

I'm also considering a PIII based board in a similar case with 4-6 GigE
ports.

Jim