[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vinc Duran <uberpfloyd at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ipsec tunnel network neighborhood
 Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:19:37 -0600
I'm using wins in this way. We have a small office with no server
other than monowall and the main office on the other end of the ipsec
tunnel. The mono serves the wins address with dhcp and the small
office folks browse with no problem.
I wanted the main office folks to be able to browse the small office.
By disabling the dns proxy on the small office monowall and specifying
the main office dns this works.
I'm a little confused as to why I can create an ipsec tunnel on a
cheap linksys gateway/router and by clicking "enable netbios" folks on
both sides can browse each other but can't have that functionality on
the monowall. (Granted, I have to restart the cheap linksys once a
week or more and the monowall just goes and goes.)
Vinc