[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Clay James <claynjessijames at comcast dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SMC 9432tx not supported??
 Date:  Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:08:23 -0400
I don't know what Cable Modem Comcast provided you, but I believe some
manufacturers are now building combo modem/routers...for instance
Zyxel Prestige 645 Series ADSL.

The Sprint circuit here in Virginia was putting these in customer
office and not telling the customer it was strickly a device for
connecting and routing, no firewalling. I had to ad another broadband
router firewall behind this device for protection.

- Don