[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Jason at Weatherserver dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Access DSL Modem
 Date:  Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:14:57 -0600
Jason wrote:

>Has anyone has any luck in accessing the Web Interface of a Alcatel Speed Touch Home  through
m0n0wall?

>I tried  just typing in 10.0.0.138 in my browser but the modem didn't respond.

This might be a stupid question, but are you using a proxy server in
your webbrowser?  If so, you need to bypass 10.0.0.138/

Beyond that, no specific suggestions, but modems sometimes intercept
packets in weird ways since if the modem is operating as a bridge, it
doesn't have a normal IP and isn't addressable as a device.

Consider, the current IP (and default gateway probably) isn't in 10/8,
which means the outbound packets will be addressed to 10.0.0.138, but
with the MAC address of your default gateway.  The modem intercepts
these packets and responds, but sometimes a modem won't spoof the
upstream gateway's MAC address on return packets.  This technique seem
to work for Windows-based PCs, but likely not for BSD.

--
This space intentionally left blank.