[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Jason at Weatherserver dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Access DSL Modem
 Date:  Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:14:57 -0600
Jason wrote:

>Has anyone has any luck in accessing the Web Interface of a Alcatel Speed Touch Home  through
>I tried  just typing in in my browser but the modem didn't respond.
This might be a stupid question, but are you using a proxy server in
your webbrowser?  If so, you need to bypass

Beyond that, no specific suggestions, but modems sometimes intercept
packets in weird ways since if the modem is operating as a bridge, it
doesn't have a normal IP and isn't addressable as a device.

Consider, the current IP (and default gateway probably) isn't in 10/8,
which means the outbound packets will be addressed to, but
with the MAC address of your default gateway.  The modem intercepts
these packets and responds, but sometimes a modem won't spoof the
upstream gateway's MAC address on return packets.  This technique seem
to work for Windows-based PCs, but likely not for BSD.

This space intentionally left blank.