[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Rui Correia <rds underscore correia at mailshack dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FW Rules/WAN address issue on 1.2b7
 Date:  Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:40:56 -0400
I am running 1.2b7 on a pc with flash card. I have the same situation,
in terms of the blank box when WAN Address is selected from the combo
drop-down box. In my case, the WAN port is DHCP because I have a
broadband home account.(comcast)

Is it possible that the location that keeps the IP is a static IP,
and  the location you appear to have problems with is DHCP ?

> TCP - * - * - WAN address - 443(HTTPS)

As for this rule, I see no problem except that, if you reboot the
m0n0wall FW...AND it happens to be DHCP, then when you try to access
the router remotely, it may have a completely different WAN IP
address.

Just a thought.

- Don