[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless Adapters
 Date:  Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:04:53 -0400
Ed Lentz wrote:
> I have the wireless card installed and my wifi cards work fine with
> it.  But I want to lock down the mac addresses so "others" can't
> connect.  I thought that I had seen somewhere to do this but it is
> eluding me.  Can someone help me out?

For quick and dirty: You can do this with the DHCP. Check the "Deny
unknown clients" - then list the MAC address (with or without
assigning an IP address). Then only machines you list would get an IP.
This would not prevent anyone from manually setting up an IP config
and by-passing this restriction.

I don't know if the "Wireless" section of the config has MAC lock down
capability or not - I have not played with the wireless directly on
the m0n0wall. I use an external AP on my OPT interface for my
wireless.

Better solution may be to use the captive portal - I have not played
with this feature and cannot give advice on it...

James W. McKeand