[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  My List Mail <mylistmail at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OT: senao firmwares with 14 channels
 Date:  Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:53:12 +0200
On 1.5.2005 1:24 Uhr +0800, My List Mail wrote:

> i have an old europe firmware with 14 channels enabled.
> so maybe anyone can suggest where to look for it.
>
> senao dont have japanese site.
> maybe a hack to the firmware will enable the 14 channels.

As far as cards based on the PRISM II/2.5/3 and Lucent Hermes
chipsets are concerned, the information about which channels can be
used is not stored in the firmware itself, but rather in the
so-called PDA (Production Data Area), and most tools that are used to
flash the card's firmware can also read and write the PDA. The
allowed channel set is stored as a bit mask in record 0x104, and
0x103 has the regulatory domain list.

- Manuel