[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vinc Duran <uberpfloyd at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] comparation between netgear FVS338 vs. monowall
 Date:  Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:20:41 -0600
I've got to throw in my two cents. I've got three Netgear FVS-328's
(not the exact model being discussed) and three monowall systems in
use right now. (Also some cheap LInksys units that lock up at
inconvenient times.) The Netgear units aren't, in my opinion, as bad
as Chirs describes.
GUI choice is extremely personal and the Netgear works for me. I have
tunnels going all over with monowall, netgear, and the afore mentioned
piece of **** linksys. The monowall are my favorites for certain. But
I can make the Netgear work reliably as well. Netgear adds features
and fixes bugs in the firmware updates. The first level support isn't
much to get excited about but I've had good experience with the email
support. I think I get better, more helpful answers via email.
I bet if someone is technical enough that they're even reading this
list they'd like the monowall over the netgear. But I'm certain there
are lots of installed netgear working just fine for some folks needs.
I've installed a lot of netgear.
Vinc