[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Denis Mehmedovic" <denis at e dash computers dash group dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem with RADIUS: Calling-Station-ID & Framed-IP-Address
 Date:  Sun, 1 May 2005 08:26:38 +0200
I got a problem with Multitech's Free Radius server. I do not know if the users setup is wrong or
what, but it appears that "Calling-Station-ID" and "Framed-IP-Address" are not working. Users file
looks like this:

shak Password = "shak1", Simultaneous-Use = 1
  Service-Type = Framed-User,
  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
  Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.1.124,
  Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
  Calling-Station-Id = "00:0C:76:70:E7:01"

So, per this setup, the user can be validated only if the request comes with a valid password and
only from specified IP and MAC address. In praxis, on the other hand, as long as the username and
the password are correct, regardless IP and MAC, the user is authenticated and authorised.

On Free Radius as the authentication policy I activated all available: PAP, CHAP, MS CHAP v1 and v2.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem here?