[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "NewMedia42" <newmedia42 at excite dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  CharlieBarker at RedlineSoftware dot co dot uk
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Multiple MGCP devices behind m0n0
 Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:00:28 -0400 (EDT)
The post I made just a few days back (Problem with multiple SIP devices behind Mono) is very similar
to your situation.  Although we're not using MGCP, if you use pure UDP for your SIP devices, and
your NAT box keeps the port state and has a large enough timeout (or if you're using Asterisk, you
specify qualify for each sip devices), it will work fine.  Right now we have to installs, one with
20 phones, one with 15 phones, and they both are working fine.  That's the good news; the bad news
is that they're working fine without Monowall - with the current beta in our existing deployment,
only about 4 or 5 phones would be accessible at each location, the rest were unable to establish a
SIP session.  Right now I'm in the process of bringing up 6 phones at my home, so I can test Mono
without disrupting everyone, but for the time being you probably won't be able to use Mono.  The
only consumer routers on the market that was able to do it was the DLink DI-604, but for whatever
reason the phones we're using (Polycom IP600's) don't like it's DHCP messages, so we're using a
Win2k box for DHCP.  Ah, the joys of bleeding edge...