[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Status report and outlook
 Date:  Mon, 02 May 2005 19:48:30 +0200
Hi Jim,

you might be right, but m0n0 has none of the described features yet and
probably won't have them in future. IMHO any AP does it better then m0n0
ever could do it. Authentication via EAP or 802.x is a job for RADIUS
not the firewall. Maybe there is a way to share the authentication data
between both to have dynamic filter rules other than captive portal.

Am Montag, den 02.05.2005, 07:21 -1000 schrieb Jim Thompson:
> Manuel's reasoning for the move back to 4.11 for the mono-1.2 series is
> just.  I, for one, will continue to forge ahead with 5.4 and 6.0.

Manuels reason is just "what"? There are a lot of reasons for it. Among
it performance problems with 5.3. I'm not really sure, if 5.4 or even
6.0 is the right way for the future, but this is another story.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           "MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     -- it took over ten years of careful