[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Adding route to WAN interface
 Date:  Mon, 2 May 2005 20:26:22 +0200
Hi Folks,

Can enyone see something strange about these routes I'm trying to make work for
the past few days ?
(in exec.php and myhost.com resolves to 213.121.21.78)

route add -host myhost.com -interface rl0
   or
route add -host 213.121.21.78 -interface rl0

The commands execute just fine.

When adding these routes, my WAN interface firewall blocks all traffic to the
host. But adding rules to the firewall to let the traffic pass thru does not help.

A trafficdump on myhost.com shows nothing that originates from my m0n0wall.

Both hosts (m0n0wall and myhost.com) are on the same hub, both with ripe ip
addresses but these addresses are in different subnets. To speed up traffic
between the hosts a need to add these routes.

On linux this DID work like a charm....

Kind Regards,

Jeroen Visser