[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VLANs and WinXP
 Date:  Tue, 3 May 2005 09:53:55 -0600
Hello All,

I love m0n0.  I love these lists.  Everything works great except this.  I have set up a few VLANs on
OPT1 (VIDs 132, 133, 134, 135) and have them running into a tagged port on a D-Link DES-3526 managed
switch.  The VLANs work well, passing data and responding to user interaction.

The problem is that I can not access some websites through the VLANs.  In particular, I have one
notebook running WinXP Pro SP2 (no firewall or other stuff turned on) that can access everything
through the LAN interface, but when I move it to the OPT interface and one of the VLANs it can't
access sites such as msn.com, windows update site, anything MS.  I have tried updating ActiveX to
9.0, same problem.  I have another notebook that no trouble at all on any interface, VLAN or not.

I'm not sure this is a m0n0 setup problem or WinXP setup problem?  I transferred all of the settings
from the working notebook to the other but no change.  Help!?

Thanks everyone.

Aaron Cherman

Morad Communications Ltd.
101-506 Carmichael Lane