[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gary <gary at kryptic dash x dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Firewall
 Date:  Tue, 03 May 2005 14:30:52 -0400
Hey all,

I finally got all the logging to work with my freebsd 4.11 box using
syslogd. Now I was looking thru the firewall logs and noticed that the rules
are logged correctly but was hoping to see a few things.  For one: I was
wondering if there was an way to make the rules show if the packet was
allowed or denied and Two: I wanted to know if there was any way to make the
firewall more intelligent. For instance, I did a port scan of my first 1100
ports and m0n0wall just logged all the traffic.  Is there anyway for it to
see this port sweep and block that IP sort of like portsentry?

Thanks,

gary