[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Warwick Ward-Cox <cedricthegreat at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OpenVPN issue with firewall rules!
 Date:  Tue, 3 May 2005 23:07:06 +0200
Hi,

Apologies firstly if this has been covered,  I couldn't find a
solution to this problem in the list archives.

I'm runnning 1.2b7 on a wrap my configuration is very basic,

WAN - ADSL with dynamic ip
LAN - 10.x.x.x network

My m0n0 connects to a OpenVPN server which is running on Linux.

My OpenVPN connection is running fine for outgoing connections however
incoming connections are be blocked by the m0n0 firewall and logged.

I have incoming rules correctly defined.  I can fix this problem by
doing a simple change in the firewall rulebase and applying it,  the
change I normally make is to a description on an arb rule.  As soon as
I apply the change incoming connections work.

It's as though m0n0 hasnt built the rulebase correctly, possibly
because upon bootup the tun interface doesnt exist, and when I apply
my arb change the interface does exist.

Is their a solution to this.  As I dont want to give the users at the
site admin rights to the m0n0 to fix this each time.

Thanks in advance,
Warwick