[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Jason Ehrlich <jehrlich at stanford dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall vs linksys with sveasoft firmware
 Date:  Wed, 4 May 2005 00:36:23 -0400
You could also look on ebay for Nokia IP110. Chris has some
instructions for setting up m0n0wall on this bugger. I just checked
ebay...nothing in terms of IP110. You could setup a search with email
notification for " Nokia IP* "

IPS solution. The UnityOne-50 is not for SOHO...unless you happen to
have 5-6k just laying around plus another 900 a year for subscription
signature updates. This particular device is for work. I have been
told by one of the TP engineers that they are working on a soho model
to compete in the soho market. Kinda like when Cisco bought Linksys.

While I have no personal experience with it, BlackICE and SyGate both
offer desktop level firewall software with built-in (bundled)
Intrusion prevention systems.

- Don