[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  paul at audiosamples dot co dot uk
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
 Date:  Wed, 4 May 2005 16:15:03 +0100
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the help. The WAN IP address, gateway and subnet mask is being
assigned via DHCP/pppoA. I have no control over that.
The D-Link modem appears to be bridging the external IP address.

DLink Modem:
 External: 81.23.45.67
 Internal: 192.168.1.1

monowall:
 External: Assigned via DHCP (and shows as the external IP above)
 Internal: 192.168.123.1 (with DHCP turned on for clients)

so the error in this case is:
Kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 81.23.45.67rt
Kernel: arplookup 81.23.45.67 failed: host is not on local network

I'm totally confused by this one! Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
Paul

On 4/30/05, Paul <paul at audiosamples dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that this has already been asked, but no replies have been made - so
> am hunting around for a possible cause/resolution for this error message
> that monowall is producing in its system logs.
> The modem I am using is a D-Link DSL-300T DSL modem. When I connect a PC
> directly to it there is no problem. The WAN IP address is assigned to the
> NIC without trouble. However monowall produces the following error messages:
>
> Kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for aa.bb.cc.ddrt
> Kernel: arplookup aa.bb.cc.dd failed: host is not on local network

What's your WAN IP, subnet mask, and default gateway?  I believe that
error message happens when the WAN default gateway isn't within the
WAN subnet.

-Chris