[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  DevAuto <devauto at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ken Davis <kdavis at ucla dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem getting RADIUS Authentication working M0N0Wall 1.11
 Date:  Wed, 4 May 2005 11:30:40 -0400
Ken,

I don't know too much about RADIUS so I can't help you there, but I
would try sniffing the traffic between the network pieces to see if
maybe it is jumping ports, or if there are more ports that need to be
opened.

My first guess is that if you are not seeing a connection attempt on
the RADIUS server or anything in the m0n0 logs then it sounds like the
Windows firewall or some other device on the network is stopping the
connection attempt before it gets to the destination. A sniff of the
traffic traversing the various segments of the link should isolate the
problem area, and maybe even present a solution.

Hope this helps,

DevAuto

On 4/30/05, Ken Davis <kdavis at ucla dot edu> wrote:
> Monowall interfaces - (3) 3Com 10/100 cards.
>
> 1 - WAN (Connected to Verizon DSL)
> 2 - LAN (10.1.1.0 /24)  LAN interface set to 10.1.1.1
> 3 - PORTAL (192.168.11.0/24) PORTAL interface set to 192.168.11.1
>
> Everything works well without RADIUS - can get through M0N0wall from both PORTAL and LAN to WAN
for allowed ports.

> I never see a connection attempt to the RADIUS server at 10.1.1.199, and there's nothing in the
firewall logs stating that anything was blocked.  Authentication fails...  Seems all is set up
correctly - any one have any suggestions as to how I can get this working?

--
Failure is not an option ... it comes bundled with your Micro$oft solution!