[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
 Date:  Wed, 4 May 2005 13:02:24 -0400
On 5/4/05, paul at audiosamples dot co dot uk <paul at audiosamples dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> Thanks for the help. The WAN IP address, gateway and subnet mask is being
> assigned via DHCP/pppoA. I have no control over that.

Right, but what is it?  If it is on a different subnet, you'll have to
use a different command to enter a default route through an interface,
rather than using an IP.

> The D-Link modem appears to be bridging the external IP address.
>
> DLink Modem:
>  External: 81.23.45.67

So it sounds like m0n0wall is trying to use the external IP of the
modem as its default gateway, which appears to not be within the same
subnet as the WAN IP assigned to m0n0wall itself.  Could you just set
up the modem to bridge only?  I don't know anything about PPPoA, but
with PPPoE that's generally the preferred behavior.  There are several
people in the UK on this list who have quite a bit of experience with
PPPoA, maybe one of them will have a better answer.

-Chris