[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Spoofing max adresses
 Date:  Wed, 4 May 2005 15:24:16 -0400
On 5/4/05, Nans Delrieu <delrieu dot nans at laposte dot net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a new user of monowall.
> I would like to know if there is a protection against spooffing mac
> adresses.

Depends, what are you trying to protect against specifically?  There
is no fool proof way to prevent spoofing MAC addresses.  You can use
static ARP, which helps for some things but is a pain to maintain.

> Also, i would like if there ius a way to configure conf manually with
> live cd.

Yes, by editing the config.xml on the CD in a text editor.  It's a FAT
formatted floppy, so you can use any OS to modify it.  That's a good
way to introduce configuration errors though, so I would recommend
against it.

-Chris