[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Azzarello <lee dot azzarello at ps dash solved dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PPTP passthrough
 Date:  Thu, 05 May 2005 11:46:02 -0400
I am using PPTP successfully with the internal server. Here's the
diagram of how I'm doing it:

Windows Clients ---> (Internet) ---> m0n0wall PPTP server ---> internal
network

Remember to add a firewall rule to pass PPTP traffic.

-lee

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 08:22 -0400, Nantel Mathieu wrote:
> It actually is "pass through" I am referring to. Here's an ascii picture of what I'm attempting:
>
> Clients ---> M0n0wall ---> (Internet) ---> PPTP Server
>
> I am puzzled as to why a silly Netgear can keep track of 10+ outgoing PPTP connections while a
Linux or BSD box just can't handle 1 stably, let alone work at all. This is a drop-in replacement
I'm talking about : the network config is the same on the Netgear and the m0n0. Netfilter on Linux
appears to provision some nat-pptp connection tracking module which I have not tested because I
can't find a fw/floppy distro which handles them.