[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with monowall and dns.
 Date:  Thu, 5 May 2005 13:44:45 -0400
On 5/5/05, Jon Alegria Esarte <ialegria at tecnicia dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with my monowall firewall, my dns and my domain server (NT and 2003).
> I have a monowall that separates four subnets; one of them is the dmz, other is the wan. The other
two is where i have the problem.
> In subnet 192.168.102.0 i have a PC (w2000), that i want to insert in a domain. The server domain
is in subnet 192.168.100.0. When I try to put it in the authority, it makes me an error. The mistake
is that they are absent rules of type A in the DNS, but i think dns is ok.
> In the monowall i give access to port 137, making a nat rule, but it don't run.

Don't make any NAT rules at all between the subnets.  Put in firewall
rules to allow the traffic you want.  Start with allowing any to any
on all of your internal interfaces, and once everything works tighten
it down if you desire.

If you're using m0n0wall as your DHCP server, then the machine is
probably getting assigned m0n0wall as its DNS server.  If m0n0wall
isn't forwarding to your LAN DNS servers, then your DNS will be hosed.
 Could be a combination of both of these.

-Chris