[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Toshiki Kaifu" <toshiki at confero24 dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless Access Point with M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 5 May 2005 17:11:19 -0100 (GMT+1)
> Has anyone developed somenthing m0n0(BSD or Wall) based only with
wireless options?

Have you had a look at http://www.wifibsd.org/ ?

An idea would be to apply m0n0wall's php+xml concept to wifiBSD.

> This would be a great project. I've been looking at the documentation
and the hackers guide of m0n0BSD and try to start this project, but I'm
not a BSD expert and I also got the thought that those docs were a bit
outdated, but they are a nice start. Does anyone has a 5.x FreeBSD based
m0n0BSD?

> Thanks

buy a real dedicated AP. hostap just never matches the performance
and reliability (not even under Linux) of a *good* AP, and is only
intended as a solution for people who absolutely need to do
>> > everything on one box."
>>
>> Note that many (perhaps most) *good* APs run linux now.
>>

>> > Well, i'm getting a couple of WRAP boards and Atheros CM9 mini-PCI
cards to try an upgrade to several Dlink 900Ap+ in a Wireless
Community project.
>> > Every board will have 2 CM9, one working in Access Point mode and the
other one in Client Mode.

>> > Will m0n0wall be appropriate for this?
>>
>> well, we think so.  :-)
>
> Bear in mind the plans to move back to freebsd 4.x for m0n0wall which
will mean the loss of atheros support, hence why I'm sticking with 1.2b7
for a while as I'm using a ath device with hostap under m0n0wall.

--
http://www.confero24.com | http://confero24.com/fbsd/

--
http://www.confero24.com