[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  "Toshiki Kaifu" <toshiki at confero24 dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Access Point with M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 5 May 2005 15:21:24 -1000
On May 5, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Toshiki Kaifu wrote:

>> Has anyone developed somenthing m0n0(BSD or Wall) based only with
> wireless options?
>
> Have you had a look at http://www.wifibsd.org/ ?
>
> An idea would be to apply m0n0wall's php+xml concept to wifiBSD.
>
>> This would be a great project. I've been looking at the documentation
> and the hackers guide of m0n0BSD and try to start this project, but I'm
> not a BSD expert and I also got the thought that those docs were a bit
> outdated, but they are a nice start. Does anyone has a 5.x FreeBSD
> based
> m0n0BSD?

I've got a -current (6.0) based nanobsd with a web gui strongly
reminiscent of m0n0/pfsense
that I'm putting together.

Why 6.0?   WPA and a bunch of other stuff that you *really want* on a
wireless device (such
as an AP).

Why nanobsd?  That way I get to build from source and/or use the
freebsd packages system to
add in functionality, like OLSR or the 802.1x authenticator, etc.
i.e. its closer to freebsd than 'WiFiBSD'.

Sans some functionality, it should be trivial to backport to 5.4.

jim