[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Steven McCoy <fnjordy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] bidirection routing with OpenVPN?
 Date:  Fri, 6 May 2005 22:23:03 +0800
> I believe OpenVPN is something specific to Linux, no? m0n0wall uses the
> standard FreeBSD VPN components.

m0n0wall has three types of VPN, the beta now also includes OpenVPN.

> It sounds like you are refering to creating two VPN endpoints for two
> private networks and passing traffic to each? This sounds like a common
> VPN scenaraio, which is very simple to configure with m0n0wall. It would
> look like this:
> network A ( <>> m0n0wall --> internet <-- OpenVPN <--
> network B ( <>)
> And you'd like each private subnet to pass traffic to the other?

Yes, I would think fairly popular, however the default interface on the
web interface doesn't allow such a configuration.  Although i've yet to
confirm it, my client is broken in China, the OpenVPN documentation
shows how to do it:

i.e.  set a client configuration directory, add an iroute configuration
for each client using the common name, and finally set routes for each
client network with -route.