[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP passthrough
 Date:  Fri, 6 May 2005 13:58:25 -0400
On 5/4/05, Nantel Mathieu <mnantel at microserv dot ca> wrote:
> It actually is "pass through" I am referring to. Here's an ascii picture of what I'm attempting:
>
> Clients ---> M0n0wall ---> (Internet) ---> PPTP Server
>
> I am puzzled as to why a silly Netgear can keep track of 10+ outgoing PPTP connections while a
Linux or BSD box just can't handle 1 stably, let alone work at all. This is a drop-in replacement
I'm talking about : the network config is the same on the Netgear and the m0n0. Netfilter on Linux
appears to provision some nat-pptp connection tracking module which I have not tested because I
can't find a fw/floppy distro which handles them.

What we need for outbound PPTP is a PPTP proxy, like Frickin PPTP
(what a silly name...but seems to work well on pfsense)  Their website
explains why something like this is necessary.
http://www.placid.tv/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=43

I haven't checked how big it is, it might be feasible to add to m0n0wall.

-Chris