[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Blake <bmagic at cccwireless dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Gotta be a Solution!!!
 Date:  Sat, 07 May 2005 13:15:57 -0500
I am using 1.27b. I have noticed that the LAN interface doesn't have the
bridge option. I have a fairly simple setup - One ethernet and two
wireless.... Simply trying to get the rules so that everything is
allowed. I am simply trying to get everything on my ethernet network to
go out to the wireless nics. ALL TRAFFIC. Anyone who wants to connect to
wireless will get the same results as connecting to ethernet... I don't
want the m0n0wall unit to change IP addresses or NAT or anything. I have
it all working on my wired network already. I just want it to transmit
it all out on the wireless NICs.

Currently I have changed the LAN (sis0) assigned to WAN. So now WAN is
sis0 and LAN is ath1. OPT1 is ath0. I bridged OPT1 with WAN. THAT
WORKS!! Everyone connecting to OPT1 (802.11b) can get DHCP from
ethernet. I just can't get the LAN (ath1) to do the same thing. I have
all firewall rules set to allow everything from all to pass on all
interfaces. The only thing that I see a difference is that I don't have
the option of Bridging the interfaces from LAN to WAN. Where I do have
OPT1 bridged which works.

There has to be a way

Any suggestions?

-Blake-