[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marc <telenieko at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Hi there. Feature Request: Is there any plan about dynamic routing protocols?
 Date:  Sun, 8 May 2005 20:52:17 +0200
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marc <telenieko at gmail dot com>
Date: May 6, 2005 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] Hi there. Feature Request: Is there any plan about
dynamic routing protocols?
To: Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>

Maybe a routing protocol is not good for a firewall, but as I stated, m0n0
includes tunneling stuff so it's not only a firewall, it should also be a
router, unless you want your tunnels to only communicate your m0n0 boxes and
leave LANs alone ;o)
 I really think that if m0n0 is going to have tunneling support it should
have support for dynamic routing also, although disabled by default those
who'd like to enable it would be able. And as Chris said, If you join two
branch offices, or 5 or 10 it's a really small routing table, but large to
be statically typed.
  c u!