[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Wang <jim dot wang at troposnetworks dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Love it!!
 Date:  Wed, 04 May 2005 23:57:12 -0700
Hi there,

New user to this users group.  Just wanted to provide my feedback on
this great product.  I'm a support engineer at a wireless startup
company.  We make products that provide wifi coverage to entire cities
and downtown areas for public safety networks as well as WISPs.  In my
job I need to support customers that use full blown service gateways
from the likes of Nomadix, Pronto, Bluesocket and etc with our product
line.  I'm always amazed how some of these products which are very
costly in some cases don't even work as reliably as the monowall.  I'm
sure there feature rich with alot more functions, but at least they
should be able to do the basic stuff well.  There seems to always be
some sort of an incompatibility with these service gateways primarily
with their ability to support relayed DHCP requests.  The monowall has
always proven to be very reliable in my testing of it.  And as such for
the mom and pop customers, I've often times recommended a monowall as a
service gateway of choice instead of the expensive others.  It's become
the defacto service gateway in the customer support organization.  Even
now within our field and sales organization a required piece of hardware
is a soekris net4801 with monowall installed.  Often times our sales
engineers would need to demonstrate an application that involves DHCP,
captive portal, and authentication and without the use of a monowall
that would not be easily possible.  I can't say enough good stuff about
the monowall :-)  Keep up the great work.

Of course I have a few questions, but I'll save that for another e-mail.

Thanks,

Jim.