[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Blake <bmagic at cccwireless dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Gotta be a Solution!!!
 Date:  Sun, 08 May 2005 22:26:46 -0500
Chris Buechler wrote:

>On 5/7/05, Blake <bmagic at cccwireless dot net> wrote:
>

>>I am using 1.27b. I have noticed that the LAN interface doesn't have the
>>bridge option.
>>

>Can't bridge an interface that has an IP, and the LAN has to have an
>IP for various reasons.  You also have to have a WAN and a LAN
>interface.
>
>Basically what you're trying to do isn't possible unless you have more
>interfaces to throw into the box.  Both the wireless interfaces will
>need to be OPT interfaces so you can bridge them.
>
>-Chris

Chris,

I am glad that someone replied. I was begining to think that no one got
the message.

Well, I am screwed if what you say is true because I am using a WRAP
board and all slots are full. Two Wireless cards and a single NIC built
in. Does anyone have any clue on this???   I don't want the box to do
any sort of routing or ip translation. It would be nice if all
interfaces had the same IP but not nessicarily an IP that was on my DHCP
network pool. Any of you developers have some kind of patch for this
unique situation?

-Blake-