[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mat Johns <mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Gotta be a Solution!!!
 Date:  Mon, 09 May 2005 04:47:54 +0100
Chris Buechler wrote:
> On 5/7/05, Blake <bmagic at cccwireless dot net> wrote:
>
>>I am using 1.27b. I have noticed that the LAN interface doesn't have the
>>bridge option.
>

> Can't bridge an interface that has an IP, and the LAN has to have an
> IP for various reasons.  You also have to have a WAN and a LAN
> interface.

 From the description you've given you dont actually need any
firewalling to be done on the box, just act really as wireless to
ethernet bridge.

I am using a very similar operation of probably identical hardware
(WRAP2C?) where I am creating a hostap master on one card bridging that
with the LAN that connects to a non wireless m0n0wall that provides the
firewalling, dhcp, captive portal etc and on the other card in managed
mode connected to a partner ap and routed onboard.

m0n0wall isnt really the best solution to what your trying to do! seeing
that your using WRAP hardware try using m0n0bsd (another one of Manuel's
great creations) doesnt have the same pretty gui (or in fact any gui :P)
but if know a little about bsd you should be safe.

NB: m0n0bsd is like m0n0wall proper, freebsd4 based (ie no atheros support)

<my config script>
ifconfig sis0 10.13.13.2/26
sysctl net.link.ether.bridge=1
sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg="wi1,sis0"
sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding=1
ifconfig wi0 10.13.12.5/26 ssid sown-slashhome channel 5
ifconfig wi1 ssid sown-cyberfish channel 1 media DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap
/usr/local/sbin/zebra -d
/usr/local/sbin/ospfd -d
</my config script>

Hope this helps