[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "TIC. Jefe Div. Sistemas (Enrique Maldonado)" <enrique at directemar dot cl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPSEC tunnel questions
 Date:  Mon, 9 May 2005 08:16:28 -0400
Your problem is the typical configuration and is really easy to make it
work.

If you don't do nothing all the computers behind a m0n0 can go to internet
using the connection to the "WAN" port, if you define one o more tunnels
between the to buildings including all your private networks when you start
trying to reach any of the nets at the other side of the tunnel m0n0 up the
required tunnel and start using it, for the rest of the traffic all continue
going out using the WAN port and if you are using it the NAT translation.

One important think is if in any of the networks you have defined a default
gateway different of the m0n0wall you need to declare on it the route for
the other building using the m0n0 to reach it.

Regards,

Enrique M.