[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Stephan A. Rickauer" <stephan at rickauer dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Port forwarding?
 Date:  Mon, 9 May 2005 15:30:19 +0200
Cool, thanks Adrian.

However, your 'workaround' indicates, that there is kind of a problem here.
Why not just allowing to select 'LAN' via the web interface? Probably there
is a good reason .. but I almost threw m0nowall away cause I didn't know how
to implement port forwarding on LAN ...

Cheers,

On Monday, 9. May 2005 15:20, Adrian Basescu wrote:
> Create a regular inbound NAT like for the redirect you need and leave the
> interface as WAN. Comment this with something unique, so you can find it
> with ease in the config file.
>
> Then make a backup of the configuration, save the file and then edit it.
> Look for the unique comment and you will find the new inbound NAT entry. To
> change it into a redirect, just replace "wan" in the interface field into
> "lan" (without quotes). Make sure it is the correct redirect you need and
> not one of your regular inbound NAT entries.
> Save the file, restore it into m0n0wall and after reboot you will have the
> redirect working.
>
> I have used this with no problems, but not with squid.
> If you need to remove the redirect, remove it from the NAT page, where you
> will see it has no interface listed. I have also found out it is good
> practice to reboot the m0n0wall after removing a redirect.

Stephan A. Rickauer
http://www.rickauer.com