[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Collins <eric at tawifi dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Credit Card billing
 Date:  Mon, 09 May 2005 13:55:11 -0700
No, it will reside on the Radius server (standalone). We do not want to
messup m0n0 by stuffing more code into it, and since our m0n0 boxes run
on wrap boards we did not want to make resources jump too high. Not to
mention we have 10 different m0n0 boxes on the network which would be a
pain for deploying updates to the code.

-Eric

Jim Wang wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Just so I'm clear :-) are these enhancements going to be put into the
> monowall.  I know of some other service gateways that have the credit
> card billing built in such as that of the ip3 networks box.  I find
> myself recommending the monowall alot so I want to make sure that it
> at least has a few of the importaint features that the other boxes have.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jim.
>
> Eric Collins wrote:
>
>> Well the system we are working on interfaces directly to a MySQL
>> database that Radius reads from, from there we authorize directly
>> with Authorize.net's API method for credit card verification, all
>> done in PHP. But right now we are still fleshing out the code so its
>> not in production yet. Adding PayPal will be trivial in most cases.
>>
>> Mike Mentges wrote:
>>
>>> Why not just create a subscription based portal page and use pay-pal
>>> for the billing...? Utilize the captive portal to force them to the
>>> paypal screen. Of course this will require you to do some manual DB
>>> stuff somewhere along the lines to add users who are paid to your
>>> Radius DB..
>>>
>>> You could use monthly or weekly subscription rates. Problem comes
>>> around on the back end and your involvement in the entire process so
>>> that might not work... I would be interested to see what the
>>> "work-in-progress" is...
>>>
>>> Just my random thoughts..
>>> Great product!!
>>> Mike