[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  nick at blwebsolutions dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  internal office space.
 Date:  Mon, 09 May 2005 13:59:17 -0700
Hi Gang - I've been searching for certain posts that pertain to my scenario and
have come up a bit empty handed with a lot of convoluted information.

Scenario:  I currently have a net4801 soekris box, cable i-net and 4000 sq. feet
of space.  I'm trying to determine the base methodogly for setting up a wireless
access point utilizing the net4801 box.  There aren't any walled partitions
(i.e. cement / stucko / drywall) for about 3000 of the 4000 sq. foot lot.  I
was planning on running cat5e from the cable modem to the sokeris box in the
middle of the room through the rafters, and then having the AP push its
spectrum from there.  What wireless card combo would you recommend sticking in
the 4801 box?  And as far as antenna's are concerened do you have any
recommendations?  Thank You for your time and sorry if this sounds like a newb.
question.  -Nick