[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Gotta be a Solution!!!
 Date:  Mon, 9 May 2005 13:23:33 -0400
On 5/9/05, Blake <bmagic at cccwireless dot net> wrote:

> The unit I am using has two 5004 MP ATHEROS 4G / CM9 cards. Yes, it's a
> WRAP 2C. Will MonoBSD work with this setup? If not, this sort of thing
> has got to be possible with all the software out there in the world!!
> More explination of what I am doing... Wireless network with 11a
> backhaul. Every unit has a 11a and 11b card on a WRAP board. I want all
> traffic to pass unconditionally back to the root of the internet where
> my DHCP server is running and all my firewalls are already in place.
>
> Gotta Be A Solution!!

Yep, but it isn't going to be pretty with m0n0wall since you don't
have enough interfaces for its purposes.

Here's what I'd try.  Leave either the WAN or the LAN interface
assigned to one of the wireless cards.  Download the config.xml (via
backup) and remove the IP address, leave it blank (no IP).  Then put
in the sysctl to bridge the interfaces appropriately in <shellcmd>
tags.  i.e. <shellcmd>sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=sis0 ath0
ath1</shellcmd>  (see the FAQ on hidden config.xml options)   Save
your changes and use restore to load your modified configuration.

That should do the trick, though it's quite a hack.

-Chris